Friday, October 30, 2015

Happy Halloween!!

     Trick or Treat! Halloween was always a favorite holiday when I was a kid. I loved dressing up, although I hated those plastic masks! When I got to 4th grade, and every year after, I was a gypsy. I got to wear make-up and pile on the jewelry. Once a fashionista, always a fashionista. I still love Halloween -- I get such a kick out of seeing the kids and their costumes.

     So, here is a little tale -- a Halloweenzie, if you will -- to read aloud when everyone is back home and in their jammies.



Katie Cat’s Halloween Adventure
 

By Pamela Greenhalgh Hamilton
 

        Katie Cat wanted to be part of the scary Halloween fun. She was a black cat after all. This was her night. She had to find the perfect costume.
        She scurried under a white scarf. She was a ghost, all set to haunt the neighborhood.
        Everyone laughed when they saw her.
        “I know that’s you, Katie Cat,” said Dylan. “I can see your black tail!”
        Katie Cat ran under the bushes. She looked up the street and down the street. She had to find the perfect costume.
        She spotted the jack o’lantern on the steps. She stuck her head inside and trotted down the sidewalk.
        Everybody laughed when she ran into the tree.
        “Watch where you are going, Katie Cat,” said Connor. 
        Katie Cat ran up to the porch and sat in the shadows. Why couldn’t she find the perfect Halloween costume?
        “MEOW!” she yowled.
        All anyone could see were glowing green eyes floating in the dark.
        Everyone ran away.
        “Meow,” Katie Cat said again, arching her back and flicking her tail. She was finally part of the scary Halloween fun.
 

No comments: